In the spirit of the warmer weather finally reaching us here in Tasmania, I’ve partnered up with Quay Australia to share some timely advice to protect your precious peepers in the summer time.
- First things first, applying an eye cream day and night is essential but because you already know that, consider mixing it up between morning and evening, as personally I like a brightening eye cream in the morning (Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Crème) and a richer cream in the Ella Baché Eternal Restructuring Eye Cream for the evening. I apply this after serum but before night cream and oil, as I find it ‘locks’ in better.
- Wear a hat whenever you’re outside, and use it to add to your outfit as opposed to just wearing a hat. ASOS have a great selection of hats, and my personal favourite is the Felt Boater Hat in Light Camel.
- Drink plenty of water to stay hydrated, and keep eye drops on hand if you find your eyes are feeling tight and dry, especially if you wear contact lenses. I recommend popping Systane Gel Lubricating Drops in your handbag for these moments.
- A fabulous pair of sunglasses are also a non-negotiable, but with so many styles available at Quay Australia – you’ll want more than one pair! The bigger the shades, the more protection the delicate skin around the eyes receive and can also hide tired eyes on a rusty Sunday morning even better. For days at the beach, Quay have a huge range of mirrored sunglasses, like HIGH KEY which was designed in collaboration with Desi Perkins. Local babe Elle Ferguson has also created a collection, so have a peek at her range here and while you’re at, use my 20% discount code ‘EMILY20’ for a little treat!
- And lastly, if you’re stuck at work and not out enjoying the sunshine like the lucky buggers, follow this link to ease tired weary eyes from excessive computer use – you’ll thank me later!
*This post may contain affiliate links for which I receive a commission at no extra cost to you, which assists to support and maintain my freelance writing and this website.