Is there anything better than freshly polished nails in life? It’s such an indulgence but if you’re short on cash until payday (that’s me!) then you’re all set. Natural beauty expert, holistic nutritionist and lead distributor of AEOS, Samantha Sargent, has shared her 5 top tips with us for the best at-home manicure experience, plus also gives us the heads up on a hot new beauty product spelt oil making buzz right now!
[ coveteur.com ]
FOR YOUR BEST MANI / PEDI EXPERIENCE:
- Set up a sanctuary in your living room with a soft towel and your favourite essential oil blend burning.
- Make a little pot of calming herbal tea and a bowl of warm water scented with essential oils to rest your hands in.
- Shape your nails with a crystal nail file. Metal files and emery boards tear the nail as they file, leaving rough, sharp edges. The crystal file glides across the nail tip so you can quickly and easily shape your nail to a flawless, smooth finish. Crystal files seal the nail tip as you file, preventing water, dirt and debris from seeping into the nail tip.
- Rest your hands in the warm “bath” and focus on your breathing for a couple of minutes, breathing out any worries, and breathing in relaxation and the scent of pure essential oils.
- Remove your hands from the water and gently pat dry. Apply a nourishing natural and organic hand cream, such as the AEOS enriching spelt hand cream, to your hands and forearms, paying particular attention to the cuticles. This is a beautiful opportunity to gift yourself a mini massage to help further alleviate any stress or tension.
- Optional – if you like a splash of colour. Apply two coats of nail lacquer. Remember to choose a toxin-free nail lacquer brand that is free from formaldehyde, toluene, DBP, camphor and animal derivatives. To maintain a perfectly polished mani, keep the AEOS Biodynamic Nail & Cuticle Oil in your handbag and apply each day when you have a spare moment!
Now again if you’re like me, you say “huh what” when you read crystal nail file, right? Let Samantha fill you in on what you need to know;
WHY USE A CRYSTAL NAIL FILE?
“The first thing you will notice when you use your crystal glass nail file, is how smooth it is on your nail. You don’t get the rough, jagged edges like you do when using an emery board, metal or diamond file. A Crystal file is very smooth and gentle and yet surprisingly effective. Metal files and emery boards tear the nail as they file, leaving rough, sharp edges. The crystal file glides across the nail tip so you can quickly and easily shape your nail to a flawless, smooth finish. Crystal files seal the nail tip as you file, preventing water, dirt and debris from seeping into the nail tip. This is one of the reasons nails can chip, crack and peel, so after you use your crystal nail file for about one month, you will notice a considerable difference in how strong your nails are and they don’t crack, chip and peel as much.”
“ Unlike other nail files, the crystal glass nail file is non- porous and therefore cannot absorb water which creates an environment for disease (bacterial or fungal). Crystal glass nail files meet all the FDA requirements for sanitation including UV light, auto-clave and sterilizing solution. For at home use, you can rinse your files under warm water and pat dry with a towel.”
”Crystal glass files will never dull. They will last a lifetime. Emery boards and metal files have to be thrown away and replaced frequently due to the amount of bacteria that grows on them. Our files are solid crystal-glass which is non-porous, therefore fungus and bacteria can’t grow on the surface, making them very hygienic. Simply rinse under warm water. Lastly, all inks and dyes used in the coloring process are lead-free and environmentally safe.”
Lead distributor of AEOS and holistic nutritionist, Samantha Sargent, has earned a reputation for being a respected advocate and leader within the natural health and beauty industry. With 18+ years of industry experience, various professional accreditations, and regularly being interviewed for her expert advice, Samantha has been featured in Australian, American and British magazines, websites, blogs and radio, including, Foxtel’s Lifestyle YOU, Vogue, Marie Claire, InStyle, Russh, Women’s Health, Nature & Health, Women’s Health & Fitness, Australian Women’s Weekly, Cleo, Famous, Peppermint, Better Health, Your Fitness, EcoLuxe and Real Living magazines, to name just a few.
If you have tried a crystal nail file, or are keen to – let me know in the comments! Enjoy your at-home pamper and remember to turn your phone off – this is YOUR time!