*This post may contain affiliate links for which I receive a commission at no extra cost to you, which assists to support and maintain my freelance writing and this website.
Until late 2016, I really thought the Clarisonic was the be all and end all of at-home daily skin care treatments. I adored my Clarisonic Mia 2. Then I meet the newest IT girl LUNA.
Simply said, the LUNA is the next generation Clarisonic and I’ll explain why.
The LUNA and LUNA Mini are ‘innovative skincare devices that delivers deep-cleansing via T-Sonic™ technology and anti-aging through lower-frequency pulsations. The LUNA and LUNA Mini are available in 3 models tailored to cater to specific skin types; Sensitive / Normal, Combination and Ultra Sensitive’.
I was very kindly given the opportunity to purchase a LUNA Mini at a reduced price, which I accepted as I was interested to compare the LUNA’s features against my beloved Clarisonic. I had always loved how soft and clean my skin felt after I had used my Clary and really felt it was a revolutionary skincare device. Now the newbies are on the block and here to stay with some really amazing features, which I believe beat the Clarisonic in the race to your-best-skin-ever…
Features such as;
– Both LUNA devices have two surface, with the LUNA being the full size facial cleaning device with both a cleaning surface and an additional anti aging surface. The LUNA Mini is slightly smaller with a cleaning brush surface and a deep cleaning surface.
– The LUNA and LUNA Mini claim to unclog pores of 99.5% of dirt and oil, and 98.5% of makeup residue on the face whilst still being gentle enough for every day use along with your regular cleansing product,
– The LUNAs have a much more face- friendly shape and size that really adheres around all the contours of the face
– with each electronic charge of the waterproof LUNA lasting approx. 300 uses and the best part is,
– the silicone outer is non-porous and resists bacteria buildup and never needs replacing! Say goodbye to constant replacement of brush heads ala the Clarisonic!
Having the LUNA Mini move freely and clean all around the contours and grooves of my face, including the notoriously tricky around-the-nose area, along with the dirt-free silicone surfaces really sell the product to me and it has now become a staple in my bathroom cabinet. EMILY + LUNA = NEW BFF!
For those who are a little new to the facial skincare device range, you can find further information on the LUNA website and if you jump on right now, you’ll find free shipping Australia wide!
The LUNA retails at $197.10AUD and LUNA Mini at $134.10AUD (as at 6.2.17), which again, is great value due to the fact it’s just one outright purchase with no additional pieces to purchase on a regular basis. The LUNA comes in 3 colours, with the LUNA Mini in 5 including Cool Grey and Magenta – so no matter the style of your bathroom, you’ll find the perfect shade. Just recently Foreo has launched the LUNA 2, which I’ve read is EVEN BETTER STILL!
VALENTINES DAY 2017 SPECIAL :
1) 10% off sitewide + GWP LUNA Play Mint, with purchase $199+ – Valid until 2/7 Code: FOREOVD17
2) 10% off sitewide + GWP Duo 60ml Cleansers, with purchase $99+ – Valid until 2/7 Code: FOREOVDAY17
What are your thoughts, would you give LUNA a try? Do you currently use a skincare device? What’s your holy grail skincare product? Share with me in the comments!